Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A long time ago, I heard a silly superstition...something along the lines of "Be mindful of what you do in the New Year, for you will do it all year."

Well. If that's the case, then, judging by this picture below, taken on January 1, 2016, I will spend the whole year hiding my hangover, but being surrounded by trusted, beloved friends and adopted family. I will spend it looking fabulous, smiling past the pain and looking out with eyes filled with optimism. I will spend it unaware of the magic of change which hovers about me, but open to it nonetheless. 


Because that's what I did this New Year's Day, and now, two months later, everything is different. Everything has changed. I look at this picture of me--recently come out of perhaps the saddest Christmas of my life, desperate to leave 2015 behind, yet completely unaware of when or even if my circumstances would change any time soon, and I marvel at how we never know how things can shift so utterly, so quickly. 

Only two months ago have passed since this picture was taken. How is that even possible?

What will my life be like two months from now?

No comments:

Post a Comment