Saturday, February 22, 2020

Currently...

Reading: The Girl With the Louding Voice, Wild, Friends: A Cultural History, and Why We Can't Sleep

Recovering From: Annual Staff Day. This one was my fourth Staff Day; my second as a manager/leader in my organization; my first one that left me absolutely knackered. 8.5 hours surrounded by 160 very different, often very intense people is a LOT. At least we have a year to recover...

Watching: Schitt's Creek. I hope this show never ends.

Thankful for: Grocery delivery service. I seriously hate going to the grocery store, so Kroger's grocery delivery service is a literal godsend.

Dreaming: About past lives. This week, I had a dream for the third time: in it, I am back in California, back at the Rancho Mirage Public Library. I've left my home, my life in Indiana, my current job, to take on temporary work as a favor to RMPL. In the dream, I go about my work at RMPL, but am continuously plagued with a nagging doubt and worry about what I've done, and a sharp guilt, and a vague panic: Why did I do this? Why did I leave all my colleagues behind? Why am I here? Will they take me back? It's an anxiety dream, sure, but I think it's also a very obvious indication that I am not, by any means, ready to move on from my current job and employer just yet.

Wearing: Jeans and sweaters, the same handful in an incessant rotation. I'm at the point in winter where I am ready for a change in seasons, if only for a little more variety in my wardrobe. Which brings me to...

Thinking about: The concept of Hot Girl Summer. I am totally late to the game on this one, I know, and I admit, at first, when I heard this term, I envisioned groups of twenty-something hardbodies in adorable outfits, with flawless skin and no financial concerns, living their best and most beautiful lives. But then I read about how anyone can have a Hot Girl Summer, being themselves, and living their best lives and feeling gorgeous in their own skin. Well, to hell with the Hot Girl Summer--I need a Hot Mel Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment