Sunday, May 10, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 55



Quarantine fatigue.

I don't know if this is an actual term that's been coined, but if now, I call dibs. Fat lot of good it will do, though--I called dibs on the term "plandemic" as a way to describe the dearth of plans we "planner folks" are suffering through, and then some chump went and turned it into some lame-ass conspiracy theory. I haven't watched the video. I don't need to. It's just another asshole trying to stir shit up.

Anyway. I digress.

Quarantine fatigue. It's officially A Thing. And I've got it. Doesn't matter if Staying The Fuck At Home is the right thing to do...it's becoming the hard thing to do. Particularly when the beautiful May sunshine bursts forth and the spring breeze teases its way through the trees and there are so many birds tweeting and I look out the window and think...just one socially-distanced walk or hike with one other person...And remember the last time I went to a concert, and wonder, Is that the last time I ever go to a concert? And think about how casually we could go out and run errands and sit on eachothers' porches and drink beer. And wish I were standing at the Info Desks at work, chatting with my colleagues and being vaguely annoyed at the customers who have no concept of personal space.

The days are starting to really run together, and I've stopped trying to bother to know what date it is, and it's like a playlist of my least favorite songs on repeat. At this point, I'm likely sounding like a parrot, or a broken record, or a broken parrot. Probably a broken parrot. And that's what quarantine fatigue looks like for me.

Also, quarantine fatigue is probably just another word for depression.

Current Indiana COVID-19 Counts:
Total Number of Cases: 23,732
1,362 people have died.

Nationwide, 77,034 people have died.

No comments:

Post a Comment