Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Best of the Memes

Holy cats, Daylight Savings Time did a number on me this year! I didn't lose an hour, I lost a couple of days. It definitely threw me off my game in a lot of different ways--including my blogging game. I fell off the wagon with my "Blog for 30 Days" challenge, folks. Bad Mel. 

But I'm back tonight, with what may be a bit of a cheat post, but it's still pretty fun. About this time last year, I started keeping a "Plague Diary"--for most of March, all of April, and half of May (essentially when Lockdown was at its most severe, here, in the US) I blogged extensively, keeping a chronicle of my experience of the pandemic. And I'd always try to sign off on a positive note by sharing some of the relevant memes, quotes, and tweets I had come across. A lot of them didn't age well--Tiger King-themed content being a prime example--but some of them remain gems to this day. So, here are my favorite "funnies" from that dark, dark time. Most of them embody gallows humor in some shape or form...but what better way to diminish fear and pain than to laugh at it?

Happy Pandemiversary, Friends. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment