Friday, March 19, 2021

Friday Frivolities, Volume 1

The older and hopefully wiser I become, the more I realize that most of the joy I find in life comes from the little stuff. The frivolous stuff, one might say. (But if it brings us joy, and joy is the substance of life, can it really be frivolous?) Anyway, here's a rundown on the things bringing me joy right now:

  • So many people in my life are getting vaccinated, or have appointments to get their first vaccine. Middle Sister, and her husband. My Duncle and Aunt. Some of my closest colleagues. Many of my friends. This makes me so, so happy for them, and a little weight of worry is slowly being lifted from my heart. Do I have FOMO? Hell yeah I do. But that's okay. My time is coming.
  • The advent of Spring! Admittedly, I have a love-hate relationship with spring. It heralds the onslaught of the Bad Times (AKA my nemesis, summer), but by the end of winter, even I am ready for a break in the relentless grey and chill, and now that I live in a place with four honest-to-god seasons, I very much do appreciate the metaphorical and literal beauty of rebirth that comes at this time of year. 
  • This fool:
His name is Watson. My downstairs neighbor/friend belongs to him, and
I'm pretty sure he has 
everyone in our building wrapped around his paw.
He uses those soulful beagle eyes to devastating effect.
         

  • Slow, quiet Friday evenings in, when I can putter about the kitchen and cook and listen to postmodern rock and pleasantly anticipate a work-free weekend
  • Finally finishing the puzzle I've been working on all winter (no pictures, because the cats have already started knocking pieces out of it)
  • My latest colouring project...I'm really pleased at how it's turning out so far!


  • A work colleague recently gifted me with a "housewarming" gift for my dollhouse. How fun is that? Maybe I'll (eventually) throw a housewarming party for it, teehee!
What are some of the little things bringing you joy right now?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I wanna hear more about the housewarming gift! And the post rock you are listening to!

    ReplyDelete