Thursday, March 18, 2021

The Unbearable Cuteness of Being

Disclaimer: My mother was legitimately a Crazy Cat Lady. I think, at one time, she had in excess of 40 cats. And while cats populate my dreams at night a lot--I mean, a lot--I keep my crazy cat lady instincts sharply in check. It's amazing how much of a motivation Don't become your mother has become in my life. I've got two cats, and that's quite enough for me to be getting on with. 

Having said that, deep in my heart, I am a Crazy Cat Lady. I love these fuckers, even when I am screaming at them. We've driven each other a bit crazy (crazier) over this last year, but we've also been good company. Here are some of the cutest moments over the last 12 months...

This was that one morning, back towards the beginning of the pandemic,
when they were quietly discussing potential rebellion. 

This is the look Indiana gives you to lure you in with his cuteness...
right before he decides to attack you. 


Austen, on the other hand, always acts as innocent as he looks.

That time that Indiana decided to hide from 2020.

And that time that Austen decided to attack 2020 where it hurts. 

I call Indiana "my roadblock." Because he is big and orange and always in the way.


Austen could be a model. 

Indiana can't be bothered. 


Austen has seen some shit. 

Indiana isn't the best at hiding. 

This cat has a look that could melt butter. 



Indiana is VERY good at being a roadblock. 


Austen...well, I guess he sees a lot of shit. 

The observation of one of my colleagues


TRUTH





1 comment:

  1. That window portrait of Austen! You need to get that framed and hung!

    ReplyDelete