Monday, March 8, 2021

It's All About the Little Things

Sometimes, it's good to celebrate the little things that make us happy...

Vaccine rollout is happening something fierce, it seems, at least here in Indiana! Right now it's available to people 50 and above. My Duncle and Aunt are fully vaccinated. Some of my colleagues are now either fully vaccinated, or halfway vaccinated, or have their appointments booked for their first shot. AND my Middle Sister and her husband, down in Florida, have gotten their first shot! (She's in education; he has risks.) We're starting to talk about actually seeing each other, somewhat soonish. 

Gorgeous (almost) spring weather: It's not spring yet. But the lonely grey and the cold of February have given way to what seems to be shaping up for a glorious March. It's in the low 60s, and the sun has been shining for days, and there's a gentle breeze during the day. On the one hand, it's kind of giving me flashbacks to last spring, when the world ended, but I'm still really digging it. Of course, it won't last...


Cooking! Meal planning and grocery acquisition are still about as pleasurable to me as snorting snake venom, but the meal kit delivery service I'm using is helping me to get more confident in the kitchen, and I'm actually starting to take some pleasure in preparing my meals. Chopping vegetables, especially, I find very enjoyable. I don't know that I'll ever just know recipes, the way my grandmother did, or carelessly, confidently experiment and multitask the way Eldest sister does, but I don't need to! I just need to, you know, not undercook my chicken, and enjoy the meals I make.

This falafel spinach salad was fucking magical.

What are the little things giving you pleasure right now?



Delicious food, and the joy I'm taking in cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment