Thursday, March 19, 2020

Plague Diaries, Day Whatever: 19 March 2020

Today is the first day of spring! Happy Spring Equinox, y'all! Here in Southern Indiana, we were promised strong to severe thunderstorms to usher in the new season but alas, all we got was a lot of rain. Which I'll happily take. It's past 10 in the evening, and it's still pouring stair-rods and hammer-handles, as the saying goes. The downside is that it circumscribed my ability to take any jaunts around the apartment parking lot.

Today was not as unproductive as yesterday, thankfully, but I didn't stick to my schedule as much as I should have done. Sometimes, I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse that I am unburdened with partners or children, and that there's only so much work I can do from home. It would be nice to have some sort of way to be useful or engaged in things beyond my books and cats and jigsaw puzzles and naps.

One thing in which I did partake (other than arguing with strangers on the Internet about why it's important to stay home) was a virtual Happy Hour kind of thing, run by one of our local bars, Cardinal Spirits. It was the first time I'd ever done anything like many things: Zoom, virtual happy hour, and with strangers...and it wasn't awful. Also, it was (other than a couple of phone calls) the only human interaction I had today. I put on a bra, and everything!

Me, just before Virtual Happy Hour
This leads me to...

Surviving This Insanity Tip of the Day: 
Try to have something, some hard-and-fast plan, to anchor your day around. Maybe it's that Zoom meeting with your colleagues at 1 PM. Maybe it's the nature walk you've got to take with your kids at 9:30 AM, or the virtual happy hour at 8:30 PM, or your "gym session" on the exercise bike at 4 PM, or the grocery delivery between 10 AM and 11 AM, or a Skype date with your sister in the evening, or whatever. Just try to have something to keep yourself aware of the concept of time. Because believe it or not, it's still passing.

News of the Day: 

So, like, basically California is on lockdown. Good. Now if we could only get all other 49 states to follow suit.

Indiana public schools are closed until May 1. 

Indiana COVID-19 cases are up to 56, from yesterday's 39, including one diagnosed here in Monroe County. Our first!



Memes and Funny Shit of The Day: 


=








No comments:

Post a Comment