Monday, March 30, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 17: March 29, 2020




Storms swept through last night, justifying the oppressive weather that had lurked the two previous days, and this morning I woke up to a much chillier, breezier, sunny day. I got a fair amount accomplished today, including a two hour nap. Normally in the evening on Sundays, I'd be dealing with "Sunday scaries", trying to wrap up last minute tasks and chores, and trying to rev myself up for the week ahead. But on this Sunday night I'm sitting on my couch, doing a jigsaw puzzle, watching Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime, and maaaaaaaaybe drinking champagne.

Is it Sunday? Was this even the weekend?

I never thought I would relate to this.
Yet here we are. 


Would you believe me if I told you that Indiana
was the one drinking the champagne?

These are not normal times.  And hopefully these times will pass. I don't know how long my liver can hold out.


Daily News:
 "President" Trump extended physical distancing guidelines until 30 April. 

YouTube is reducing video quality to ease burden on the Internet infrastructure. Huh. I thought my Internet's been a bit sluggish lately.


Daily Indiana COVID-19 Count: 
1514 (up from yesterday's 1232)
32 folks have died.

Daily Gratitude 
I've never been much of a cook. Meal planning and grocery shopping stress me out, my schedule is pretty erratic, and the effort to cook and clean up has always been discouraging. This freakish moment in history, however, has presented me with both the need and opportunity to cook. I've done a fair amount of it in the last few weeks. Today's creation was a spinach and cheddar quiche:


So what am I grateful for? Instacart. Eggs. Cheese. Quiche. More cheese. Did I mention cheese?


Daily Funnies



No comments:

Post a Comment