Thursday, March 26, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 13: March 25, 2020

Just another day of screaming into the void. 

Tonight, I'm not totally okay. In fact, I'm rather not okay. I've been fairly good with self-isolating and keeping myself away from most people and washing my hands and sanitizing my surroundings; up until this point, it was so I wouldn't go spreading plague to others, and wouldn't put Professor Susan at risk. But I've encountered so many articles about 20- and 30-somethings falling ill and dying, and at one point in the early evening, I felt the slightest tickle in my throat. And after that--game over. I've been an anxiety bunny all evening. What if I get sick? I don't want to die. Who will take care of the cats if I get sick? Will I have to die alone? 

Usually, I try to keep a relatively positive tone in these plague diaries, but tonight, I just don't have it in me. I'm sorry. Tomorrow I will try to go back to whistling in the dark, but not right now.  Plus, Prince Charles has COVID-19--what the actual fuck? When coronavirus comes after the royal family, you know it means business. 

COVID-19 cases in Indiana increased from 365 (yesterday) to 477. 

I'm tired and a little scared, so I don't have the energy to go digging through teh Interwebs for amusing, thematically-appropriate stuff. But I will leave this here, as a reminder to me and to anyone else who might need this right now: 

No comments:

Post a Comment