Sunday, March 22, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 9: March 21, 2020

More than one person has told me that these next two weeks of staying in the home are a gift. And they're not wrong. And some days I'm better at appreciating this gift...today was one of those days.

I managed to get in another 27 minutes on the exercise bike. I'm trying to build up the amount of time I spend on the bike, as well as the tension, and this is the third time I've been on the bike this week. So, win.

For the first time in my life, I'm trying to be proactive with meal planning, to eliminate food waste and to responsibly use the food that I have in house. There was a package of ground turkey in the fridge that was close to expiring, so I went ahead and cooked up a big pot of frickin' delicious turkey chili.
This was so stupidly delicious.

For a while, I've been meaning to try a really lovely tutorial for painting a watercolor night sky, and I've been putting off doing this forever. It's scary to be creative when you're a perfectionist...you don't want to do something unless you know you're going to be good at it. To be less than good is to make yourself vulnerable. Well, at any rate, today I powered through that vulnerability, and here are the results:


As well, I made a little headway on my jigsaw puzzle, until Austen Aloysius decided to try to impede my progress:



I'm having a hard time concentrating on reading right now, so I've been spending a fair amount of time slogging my way through my YouTube "watch later" list. And oh my lord, if I have to hear my favorite vloggers refer to "the coronavirus thing" any more, I might weep. But it is interesting, how even when we do grasp the seriousness of everything, we still have a certain casual way of referring to it.

So, speaking of Coronavirus...

COVID-19 cases in Indiana are up to 126, from yesterday's 79. Yes, probably the main reason for this spike is that, I'm assuming, we're testing more. But that's hardly reassuring; as far as I'm concerned, this sickness has been lurking and spreading for a fair amount of time before, and we simply didn't know.

Here are a few funny things to end with:






No comments:

Post a Comment