Friday, March 20, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 8: March 20, 2020

Today, the second day of spring, the weather did what the weather always does here in Southern Indiana. It turned cold on us! A few weeks back, back in the days when I still went to work, I remember one of my colleagues, Newcastle, remark, "Think we'll have any more freezing nights this year?" I wish I could Newcastle now and say, "Guess we do get some more freezing nights after all!" I'd give just about anything to see any of my colleagues right now.

Anyway. Despite our inexorable march towards warm weather, we've had a lovely little chilly set back. It was a perfect night to stay inside and get cozy with a cuppa and a good book. And that's a happy coincidence, because here's one of the books I'm reading right now:


Yet despite the return of the chill, I went out for a walk today. That was probably one of the best things I could have done. At one point, I noticed that some of the trees are starting to bud.

It's like Mother Nature doesn't know or
 care that the world is ending a little!


In other news...One gas station here in Bloomington had gas at $1.76 per gallon.

COVID-19 cases in Indiana: up to 79 from yesterday's 56

Indiana has moved their primaries to June 2

More states, including Illinois and Connecticut, are starting to issue Shelter In Place or Stay At Home orders. Sounds like New York, New Jersey, and Nevada will be going a similar route. Here's where I give Florida a lot of side-eye. And that's a great transition to the funny shit of the day!




 Over and out, y'all. Stay alive another day, and stay the fuck at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment