Thursday, April 30, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 49: April 30, 2020




And just like that, it's the end of April.

Despite the apocalypse, despite social distancing, despite countless cancelled meetings and adventures and appointments, I still tried to stick with my planner over this past month. And surprisingly--or perhaps not, since nature abhors a vacuum--various projects and meetings and social engagements managed to fill some of those blank spaces.

Judging by my "to-dos" for the month, I didn't manage to realize many (most?) of my aspirations, but that's okay. (That's normal for me, in fact.) I think I've finally managed to let go of most of my expectations of productivity during this time. And yet...I did manage to achieve certain things--I cooked a fair amount, I used my exercise bike regularly, did yoga several times, read six books, blogged every day, and oh yeah, didn't die.

So, that was my April, different from every April I've ever experienced before. In the next day or so, I'll try to settle down and plan May, which will be painfully different from what I had anticipated, although I don't know quite what will transpire. Personally, I think we all need to settle the fuck down and wait another month before we re-open the country, but I think that ship has sailed. So how much work will I be doing at the library in May? Will The Prof try to resume her summer plans and head off to California? And if we are expected to return to work, can we then resume some semblance of our social lives? And will the plague spike again and wreak fresh hell upon us all because of our cussedly foolish need to "get back to normal"?

Well, anyway. Goodbye, April. Thanks for not killing me.

Daily Indiana COVID-19 Counts
Total Number of Cases: 17,985 (up from yesterday's 17,182)
1006 people have died.

Daily Gratitude:
My planner. Even on the days when I am not using it, it's there, offering me a chance at order in all this formless chaos.

Daily Funnies:

No comments:

Post a Comment