Saturday, April 25, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 44: April 25, 2020

Today was a lost day. A day lost, in a lost month, in what I suspect is quickly turning into a lost year.

Somewhere near my home, there was a plumbing issue. The water was turned off so people could come work on it, which means I couldn't cook, or shower, or clean, or do the laundry, or jolly well even brush my teeth or flush the loo. So chores were out. And then they brought in a jackhammer to dig up about six feet of sidewalk outside my home, so for a good while, relaxation and recreation weren't really possibilities, either. My usual strategy of "nap through everything, both good and bad" clearly wasn't an option. So I laid down on the couch, let go of any expectations of how my day should have been spent, and proceeded to binge watch the 2018 Masterpiece Theatre Production of Vanity Fair. 

Let this be a lesson to all of us: quarantine sucks, most definitely, but it sucks even more when you don't have running water.

Daily Indiana COVID-19 Counts:
Total Number of Cases: 14,395 (up from yesterday's 13,680)
785 people have died.

Daily Gratitude: 
Uh, working plumbing. Duh.

Daily Funnies: 




No comments:

Post a Comment