Sunday, April 12, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 30: April 11, 2020

All day, I've been out of sorts. Did it have anything to do with the fact that I literally did not sleep a wink last night? Of course not, why would you say that? Did it have anything to do with the fact that I then napped for four hours? Whatever. That's crazy talk.

Despite my hours-long nap, I managed to finish a jigsaw puzzle and mop the kitchen and bathroom, and I also spent a moment reveling in the spring evening.


I also made a "quarantini" tonight--a strawberry lemonade vodka slushie.
I made this quarantini shortly after I changed from
 my daytime pajamas to my nighttime pajamas.
Just call me Karen. 

This makes me chuckle: According to this article, "We are in the hair color phase of panic buying." It also makes me feel a little smug--for whatever reason, I've been ahead of the game, thus far. I had a month's worth of food and toiletries by the first week of March; a week later, I had gotten some more stuff by way of entertainment, and a week after that, my usual supply of hair dye. It wasn't necessarily deliberate or strategic; it just made sense. I guess for those of us who still have the luxury of disposable income, that's one of the few things we can do to dupe ourselves into thinking we have any power over this shitshow: throw money at the problem.


Daily Indiana COVID-19 Counts: 
Total cases: 7,435 (up from yesterday's  6,907  )
330 people have died. 

Daily Gratitude: 
The sound of my cats purring. I'm not sure anything else can calm me down right now.

Daily Funnies: 



No comments:

Post a Comment