Saturday, April 4, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 23: April 4, 2020

Many years from now, when my pretend great-nieces and -nephews gather 'round my rocking chair and ask for stories about Olden Days, when they ask me about what I did during the Great Plague of 2020, my answer will be very simple:

"Sleep, my children. I slept."

I definitely slept today--all the way until 1 PM, which impressed even my nap-obsessed Middle Sister. But I didn't berate myself, and managed to still wring some enjoyment from the day. Early in the evening, I went for an almost-hour walk 'round my complex, enjoying the grey skies, the cool weather, and the blossoming Bradford pear trees. 

They are evilly invasive, but pretty!
There are potential clouds lurking on the horizon. The Prof has been feeling rather poorly lately, and there's some concern that she's got The Plague. It's too soon to tell, we're taking things ones day at a time, but day by day, it seems that this shit creeps closer and closer to home.

Daily Indiana COVID-19 Counts:
Total Cases: 3,953 (up from yesterday's 3,437)
116 people have died. 

Daily Gratitude: 
Each day that I go on with my health intact, without contracting this plague, is such a blessing. Shit sucks right now, but I'm still healthy, and can still help The Prof.

Daily Funnies:




No comments:

Post a Comment