Monday, April 13, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 32: April 13, 2020

Really, there's nothing to report. This was a day like so many others in my life lately. I got a very late start to the day, but managed to do a thing or two. The Professor's health seems to be on the mend. Spring is definitely flourishing; all is green buds and purple and pink and red and white blossoms. I started a new jigsaw puzzle today, and also managed to start a new book and get halfway through it. Myself, I'm feeling a bit poorly; really exhausted and achey, but not in a way that I haven't been before. I'm hoping a good night of sleep will set me to rights.

Austen does ennui so much more cutely than do I. 

On some of the local Facebook groups, I've seen some reports from people who have received a stimulus check deposited into their bank accounts. I haven't seen a $1,200 bump in my fortunes, but then, I haven't checked my bank account yet today. I keep saying, $1,200 is better than $0...but really. I think a lotta folks are going to need more than $1,200 to get them through this.

Daily Indiana COVID-19 Counts
Total Cases: 8,2 36 (up from yesterday's 7,928)
350 people have died.
To put it in crude terms, the bodies (at least here in the Hoosier State) are not piling up as rapidly. We're past the peak.

Daily Gratitude
Life is very stifling and monotonous right now. And that's good. Because if it were busy and interesting, I'd be getting sick or possibly already occupying a hospital bed someone else needs.

Daily Funnies




No comments:

Post a Comment