Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 41: April 22, 2020

It's been a hot minute since I've been awake at sparrowfart. Maybe 6 months ago, when I was in Australia, bobbing about on the Coral Sea? Our "dive butler" would knock on our stateroom door at 5:45 am, bearing tea and coffee, and 15 minutes later, we'd be trussing ourselves into our stinger suits, still damp from the day before (ugh), and then hopping off the stern of the catamaran and plunging into deliciously pleasant waters teeming with vividly-colored marine life. Alas, I awoke at 6 AM this morning for no such lovely reason; I was simply just trying to re-set my sleep cycle. But it's really comforting to remember different times only 6 months (or a lifetime, really) past, when I was able to travel to the other side of the globe and see and experience amazing, different things.

The only amazing thing that I experienced today was that I actually did awake at 6 AM. It was worth it, though--by 8 AM, I had already made my bed, exercised, showered, and had breakfast--and the rest of the day followed a similarly normal, comfortingly productive routine. It was a good day. Perhaps the loveliest thing was watching Indiana wander out onto the porch and take in the many different smells and sights and noises of things clamoring for his attention:

 

A few folks have asked about The Prof's health. I'm not sure what to report--her symptoms seemed to abate, but over the past week, they've come back and are possibly slightly worse. We're monitoring things. It would be so much easier if we could just know if it were COVID-19. On the bright side, I have not yet presented any symptoms, so I'm not sick yet. Hurray?

Daily Indiana COVID-19 Counts:
Total Number of Cases: The current number is 12,438.
661 people have died.

Daily Gratitude: 
A good night's sleep!

Daily Funnies: 





No comments:

Post a Comment