Monday, April 27, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 46: April 27, 2020

Yesterday, I was in bed, huddled under my weighted blanket, trying to fall asleep by 8:30 p.m.

It wasn't that I was tired. I wasn't, not particularly. I wasn't feeling poorly, either. I simply didn't want to be conscious. Cheerful, huh?

This did have an unintended benefit; I was wide awake this morning at sparrowfart on Monday morning. By 5:30 AM, I was on the exercise bike; by 7 AM, I was showered and dressed and my hair was blown out ; by 9 AM, I had two cups of coffee in me and was completely alert and not...totally unhappy about it. I wouldn't say it was a good night's rest that restored me. Hell, I wouldn't even say I am restored. But I was really, really happy for it to be Monday, with a fairly-full schedule (at least by quarantine standards.)

Y'all, I did work today. Like, a substantial amount of work. My library is transitioning into a new phase of closure, whereby we will be providing more remote services as well as planning for our gradual re-opening, so there's more to do, and more less constraints on who can do it. And so--I got to do work! I provided remote reference to one patron, and it was all I could do not to chase them through the Internet, screeching, Come back! Let me tell you about everything we can do for you right now!

For a brief moment, Austen got distracted from
his goal of preventing me from doing any work.
Funny--things that were rote, unremarkable, everyday obligations and professional duties a mere two months ago are now delightful possibilities for unique, special human interactions.

Clearly, I am doing a bit better than I was doing yesterday. Weekdays, and the attendant routines, are better than the weekends, I think; knowing that, I will need to try to do some things to add more structure to my new foes, Saturday and Sunday. What do you during the weekends to keep things from falling apart into loneliness and whats-the-point-iness?

Daily Indiana COVID-19 Counts: 
Total Number of Cases: 15,961 (up from yesterday's 15,012)
844 people have died.

Daily Gratitude:
I can't believe I am saying this...but I'm grateful that it's Monday. Yup, these are End Times.

Daily Funnies:









No comments:

Post a Comment