Sunday, April 19, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 38: April 19, 2020

Sunday began with a nice long lie-in in the morning, and a wake-up Facetime call from one of my dear friends. It's hard to feel too terrible when you get reminders first thing that people care about you. Other than that, and a Zoom meeting with my book club group, it was a nice, quiet day. I rather fear that I may have hurt my left wrist doing (trying) yoga yesterday, so I have to keep an eye on that. No more downward-facing dog for me for a while. 

This is Indiana's version of down-dog.
With no plans left standing, and no definite end date in sight, I know many of us are struggling with a lack of things to look forward to. And perhaps that's partly on us--we cannot always fill our lives with bucket list trips to Australia and designer handbag purchases and big concerts and whatnot to look forward to. So I'm going to drill down to the little things I am looking forward to in the week to come: 
  • I anticipate an uptick in my workload this week; it will be absolutely a joy to have more distractions and purpose.
  • There's a simple vegetable curry recipe I'm quite keen to try, and a grocery delivery order due on Tuesday. If it all comes together, and I don't fuck it up, I'll have a new recipe in my repertoire soon. 
  • Also on Tuesday, I've got a remote therapy session with my counselor. I daresay I need it rather more than usual. 
  • I've been doing delivery from a restaurant once a week, so perhaps I'll try a new restaurant this week, and splash out on an appetizer too. 
  • And of course, we're (hypothetically) one day closer to the end. 
What are you looking forward to in the coming week? 

Daily Indiana COVID-19 Counts
Total Number of Cases: 11,210 (Up from yesterday's 10,641)
562 people have died. 

Daily Gratitude:
Friends who call you first thing in the morning!

Daily Funnies: 

No comments:

Post a Comment