Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 34: April 15, 2020

Today I:

  • Slept until noon,
  • Didn't bother making my bed all the way because I didn't want to disturb the cats,
  • Ignored messages from more than a couple of people (sorry, folks)
  • Unintentionally ate vegetarian,
  • Lamented, more than once, "The longer this goes on for, the harder it's going to be for us to get back to normal lives!",
  • Watched Episode 4 of Tiger King and remarked to Middle Sister, "Never have I ever been so proud to call myself normal!"
  • Frittered away most of my time in such a way that I cannot, now, rightly recall what I did, and
  • Resolve to do better tomorrow. Maybe. 
It's like, I know I feel better when I have a productive day, when I socialize, when I knock some things off the to-do list. I feel more satisfied and proud of myself. But so often right now, despite the lack of obligations and distractions, despite the free time at my disposal...I can't.

Over and over again, I remind myself and others, "this is unprecedented, there's no wrong emotional reaction right now, we don't have a play book for this." I'm kinder--far kinder--with others than I am with myself right now, when it comes to what I expect from us all during this time. But I'm trying. 




Daily Indiana COVID-19 Counts: 
8,955 (up from yesterday's 8.527)
436 people have died.

Daily Gratitude:
Tonight, I'm just grateful for another chance to do better tomorrow. And I'm grateful that I still have the ability to hope for a better tomorrow.

Daily Funnies: 






No comments:

Post a Comment