Thursday, April 23, 2020

Plague Diaries, Issue 42: April 23, 2020


The other day, I stumbled across the above-mentioned post, and I had to pass it on--it's so true! It seems like for each good, productive, well-balanced day I have, the next day I seem to absolutely crash. And after yesterday's "good day", today was no exception. I did three things today: eat, meet, sleep. Meaning, I ate too much, I slept a lot (I was up at 8 AM and nodding off into a nap by 11 AM), and it seems like I attended a lot of work meetings. And those three things filled up the whole day and left me feeling like I did absolutely nothing. It's not the twilight zone...it's the Quarantine Zone, where time and space cease to exist and I'm not even 100% sure that I exist anymore.

Now night has finally fallen, and I'm looking back over the barren wasteland of today and cringed at how little I accomplished today. I mean, I'm not expecting me to crank out the next Great American Novel, but at the least, I should, I dunno, maybe do a load of laundry? foment revolution? up my cat eye game?

Not today, Coronavirus. Not today.

Daily Indiana COVID-19 Cases:
Total Number of Cases: 13,039 (up from yesterday's 12,348)
706 people have died.

Daily Gratitude: 
In a work meeting today, I got to see a good many of my colleagues/reports--most of them for the first time in 6 weeks. And they all seemed healthy and holding up. That makes me very, very happy.


Daily Funnies: 





No comments:

Post a Comment